Tyler Hilton: Not Debating Herself

Senior Tyler Hilton has worked through EBHS on her confidence, and mock trial has helped.

Morgan Cooper

“Everyone in the guidance department has been so valuable to me during my time in high school, and I have had such supportive and understanding teachers here at EBHS as well, whom I will remember forever” says Tyler, when asked about her favorite part of being an EBHS student.

Morgan Cooper, Bear Hub Staff

Q: WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY MEANS THE MOST TO YOU?

A: Mock Trial has been the most meaningful to me throughout my years at EBHS. The club is so special to me because it allowed me to make new friends in all grade levels, since we spend hours working together, both inside of school and out, to prepare for the competition and scrimmages. I value the time I spent in Mock Trial because it has taught me resilience. When I first tried out in my sophomore year, I made the team as an alternate. However, from there, I worked very hard to prove myself and the following year, I made the team as a full member. One of our proudest moments as a team was when we won and became the Middlesex County champions during my junior year!

Q: WHAT’S ONE OBSTACLE YOU HAVE OVERCOME DURING YOUR TIME AT EBHS?

A: After spending the past three years at EBHS, I have learned to become more confident in myself. I came into the high school not fully understanding who I was or what I was passionate about. Through getting involved in some of the amazing clubs EBHS has to offer, I found true friendships and discovered where my interests laid. It was nerve-wracking joining new things, especially when I tried out for the softball team having never played before. However, it taught me to not doubt myself, because if I work hard enough, I can achieve whatever I set my mind to. As a senior, I now know to always believe in my abilities.

Q: WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS AFTER GRADUATION?

A: I am very excited to be going on to college after I graduate from EBHS. In college, I will be studying business with the intention of going to law school afterward. Eventually, I hope to practice entertainment law as an attorney in the music industry, since I have always been passionate about music.