Breaking Boundaries: Interview with Bryanna Grossman

Having a learning disability does not stop senior Bryanna Grossman from standing out on the Morning Announcements, slaying her goals, and being her best self.

Rebecca

Senior Bryanna Grossman holds a book of monologues as she shows off her newfound extroverted nature.

Weilin Chu, Bear Hub Staff

Q: WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY MEANS THE MOST TO YOU?

A: The one that really means the most to me is Video Newsmakers. I used to be so shy in sophomore year, but after being in this little club I have never been so proud of how far I’ve come and every one of my other friends that are in this with me.

Q: WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF AND WHY?

A: The one thing I’m most proud of is overcoming the fact that I have a learning disability. I am missing the bridge of my brain which was supposedly supposed to make me be on a wheelchair and to never speak but I am so proud and accomplished that I managed to fight it and be able to walk, talk and be who I am.

Q: HAS THERE BEEN A SINGLE CLASS YOU HAVE TAKEN THAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE AND/OR THE MOST INFLUENTIAL TO YOU AND WHY?

A: My Humanities class is definitely one of the best classes I have taken so far. Sure it’s “arts and crafts”, but in reality, Humanities teaches us to be who we are, be creative, love yourself and dance like no one’s watching. This class helped me have a better mindset on my outlook in the world today.