Jacks of All Trades

The Practical Arts Department helps students find their passion, whether that be in business, digital art, or family consumer science.

+Zach+Driscoll+%2812%29+and+Thomas+Jaycard+%2812%29+work+on+their+project+in+Capstone+Engineering%2C+hoping+the+light+will+show+up+in+their+box.

Raul Martinez

Zach Driscoll (12) and Thomas Jaycard (12) work on their project in Capstone Engineering, hoping the light will show up in their box.

Raul Martinez, Bear Hub Staff

In EBHS, students look forward to having their electives class throughout the day. Electives give a chance for students to take a step back from their academic work, and focus on the topics that they want to learn. The Practical Arts Department helps students find their passion, whether that be in business, digital art, or family consumer science.

Two practical arts electives that are popular amongst EBHS, are Logo Design and Graphic Design. These classes help students take a break from all their academic classes and focus more on their creativity. These two classes include art but with a Mac computer, allowing students to create their art in the best way they can imagine.

The Family and Consumer Sciences course is another one of the EBHS’s favorite electives. Most known for the “sugar babies,” this course allows students to create a baby and care for them. This class helps introduce students to adulthood and helps them become prepared for the future.

Many students love to explore the world of sports as they continue high school. A class that expands students’ interest in sports is Sport and Entertainment Marketing. The class allows students to learn about marketing based on the sport and entertainment world. Although this class is fun, it’s also important. Mr . Weigner, the teacher of the class, believes this course is important because “our lives are affected by marketing on a daily basis.”

Thanks to the Practical Arts Department, many students have a creative outlet to express themselves while preparing for life and career opportunities.