Finding Your Worth; An Interview with Kimi Arato

Kimi Arato, 12, a friendly face of EBHS’s class of 2021

Sarah Kincaid, Bear Hub Editor

Bear Hub had the pleasure of interviewing EBHS’s Kimi Arato and learned about her outlook one her own life as well as being a part of the class of ‘21 seniors. She has been able to grow a lot throughout these school years and has found what really matters the most to her. Kimi is a prime example of how you have the opportunity to make high school your own, take chances, step out of your comfort zone, join groups, and live how you want to!

Q: WHAT PIECE OF ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SOPHOMORES?

A: Make the best of your time at the high school. Of course there are going to be times when you would rather be anywhere else but there, but it is going to be your senior year before you know it and you want to leave with good memories. Go to homecoming, join clubs, go to other student events. I have some of the best memories from all of them and have made so many new friends along the way. My other piece of advice would be to find the perfect balance between school and life. I feel like my overall high school experience was memorable because it was filled with friends and fun adventures, but also doing well in school. It may be hard to find the balance at first, but if you really put effort into it you will get the hang of it.

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT YOUR CLASSMATES TO REMEMBER ABOUT YOU?

A: Although I may not be valedictorian or the most athletic person of my class, throughout my high school career I always made it a priority to be nice to everyone I met. I can show other students how you don’t have to be the best at everything in high school to make your experience memorable. I was able to do community service, be in clubs, get into NHS, make honor roll, have a job, all while having stuff to do in my free time. I was able to show how it is 100% possible to find that perfect balance of school and free time.

Q: WHO IS ONE FICTIONAL CHARACTER YOU’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS WITH?

A: I would love to be friends with Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. He’s full of fun facts and always puts his friends before himself. He also likes his coffee really sugary as do I.

Q: WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST TAKE-AWAY FROM YOUR HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE?

A: My greatest take-away from my high school experience is that it’s not the quantity of friends but the quality of friends. I think that surrounding yourself with people who you know will always be there for you can truly have a positive impact on the way you live your life.

Kimi Arato is a cheerleader for the East Brunswick High School varsity football team, which she describes as one of the greatest experiences she was able to have throughout these past years. Kimi has explained to Bear Hub that it is all about what you choose to incorporate in your life that really makes it great, so you should surround yourself in an environment you truly enjoy, with the people who make everyday a bit better. Kimi is a person of passion, creativity, and focus, and after graduation she plans on studying nursing in college. Bear Hub wishes her the best of luck in her future endeavors.