Post-Quarantine Plans: What’s Your First Stop?

It is no surprise that everyone has been waiting for this quarantine to end, but where will everyone go when it does; or rather, where is the first place they would want to go? Bear Hub surveyed 67 people to find out. The options included restaurants, malls, beaches, amusement parks and parks. An “other” category was added for people to include specific preferences.

Trinity McDonald, Bear Hub Staff

There was a surprising number of people who wanted to go to a restaurant before going anywhere else. It had the highest number of votes from the survey with 19 people. Jenna Zadotti, a student who voted for restaurants, states that she “feels like as parks and beaches start to reopen, the one thing everyone is still longing for is food.” Food is obviously very important, but a deeper reason as to why people might want to go to restaurants is for traditions. Ashleigh Rockwell says, “Every year for my birthday my family and I go to the Cheesecake Factory. This year we had to stay home, so after this is over that is the first place I’m going.”

Other people would rather go see the outdoors instead. This includes going to parks, beaches, and amusement parks. Kimi Arato would want to go to the beach because she “loves the beach and going out with her friends and eating on the boardwalk.” On the other hand, Adriana Vasquez would want to go to a park first. “That is where my softball field is, and the first thing I want to do is play softball since my season was canceled.” After being cooped up for so long, it isn’t a wonder why people would want to go out into nature.
For the write-in options, there was an overwhelming number of people who just said that they want to go to their friend’s house. Other people answered that they want to go to the mall with their friends.

A common thread in all of the responses was that people would be going to these places with their friends. Harshitha Bharghava, who wrote that she would want to go to her friend’s house, explains, “I miss my friend a lot. I would love to get the opportunity to see her again. The mall, amusement parks, or the beach can wait, but I really miss my friend.”

Your first stop after quarantine is probably something long-awaited and special. Getting out of the house is something we can all regard with newfound appreciation. Still, no matter where you go, it’s important to remember that the destination isn’t nearly as important as being there with the people you love.