The Perfect Pair

The perfect coexistence of fashion & music, and how it impacts students at EBHS
Sophomore at East Brunswick High School Arden Serbests  favorite genre of music is Jazz, her choice in fashion reflects her taste in music and mood.
Sophomore at East Brunswick High School Arden Serbest’s favorite genre of music is Jazz, her choice in fashion reflects her taste in music and mood.

Music and fashion have always been a great pair, influencing each other in so many different ways. For Student Arden Serbest, Sophomore at EBHS, music and fashion play a large role in her life. Currently, her favorite genre of Music is Jazz, she has a tradition that every year she picks a new genre of Music to listen to, exposing herself to the many different styles of music out there. Arden’s love for music

extends to more than just listening to it. Her choice in music

is a way for her to express her feelings and mood, “Your mood influences what you’re doing, and what you’re doing influences your mood”, her mood often decides her choice of music, and her choice of music reflects her mood. Her choices in Fashion are also affected by her music. “I like to listen to music you can live in. . . When I’m listening to music that is low and slow, I’ll wear something more sophisticated.” She likes to feel surrounded by her music, she often says she never does anything without a headphone in. She has a soundtrack playing all day. Arden is very artsy and unique, her taste in fashion and music reflect that. As a guitar player, and someone that loves the sound of guitar, one of Arden’s favorite jazz artists is Wes Montgomery, she recommends this Artist to anyone that loves jazz guitar.