An A(door)able Surprise

With over 40 doors decorated, it could be said that the winter door decorating contest was a success this December. From snow men to nutcrackers to the Grinch before Christmas, the decorations have a diversity that makes this year’s contest unique. Several students, the majority being seniors, decorated their teacher’s door in order to win the competition. However, this year, an unexpected group of students won the contest.

D-17, the winning door for the contest.

Clara Deguerre, BearHub Staff

D-17, the kindergarten classroom hidden far into D-Hall, won this year’s Door Decorating Contest. However, don’t be fooled by their tiny hands as these students won the award for ‘most festive’ door, which is the highest award given in the contest. They went above and beyond, decorating not only their door, but the empty space around it. Their door, decorated like a workshop, had a massive paper Christmas tree, a mailbox, and a photocopied elf version of each child in the class. They even included a cute quote from the infamous Elf Movie: “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” It doesn’t get cuter than that.
Doors I-10 and C-27 came in a close second and third place. I-10, decorated as a nutcracker, was voted second for ‘most creative,’ while C27, decorated as an elf, was voted third for ‘Student Council’ choice. Both doors did an amazing job in the contest, and their positions in the contest are well deserved.
The winter door decorating contest this year was a success, especially for the kindergarteners who truly went above and beyond. Hopefully, students will be able to exceed the high standards set by this year’s winners and join in the holiday tradition.