A Wake Up Call for Underclassmen: The PSAT

“I’m not in good shape for the SAT, this test was only a fraction of the questions that will be on the real SAT, and I was lost. I’m a sophomore, and it’s October, and I already have to start thinking about studying,” Victoria Deguerre testifies after taking the exam.

Junior%2C+Sarah+Kincaid+focused+during+PreSAT+testing.+

Junior, Sarah Kincaid focused during PreSAT testing.

Clara Deguerre, BearHub Staff

“I guess it’s a bit stressful, but I’m just really excited about the half day,” explains junior Jenna Garofall.

“We get a half day out of this, how bad could it be,” shrugs sophomore Victoria Deguerre.

Prior to taking the PreSAT, sophomore and junior students communicated surprisingly excited and relieved feelings. Though this test determines one’s position in relation to the SAT, none of the underclassmen interviewed expressed these concerns. Instead, students focused on the half day which they would receive as a result of the test. 

Following the test, however, the same students communicated opposite feelings.

“The Math section was challenging. I’m going to need a tutor for the real exam,” Jenna Garofall says.

Though the initial responses of underclassmen taking the PreSAT were surprising, after taking the test, they showed more concern and regard toward the exam. These students are now more prepared for future SAT exams.