Get Ready for Prom: An EBHS Survey

It’s that time of year where prom dresses are being bought, altered, and claimed! To get a better understanding of how the girls of EBHS are approaching this momentous date, we conducted a prom dress survey.

Asmee Shitoley, Bear Hub Staff

Prom season is that exciting time of year when we buy, claim, and alter our dream dresses in preparation for one of the biggest events of our high school careers. To get a better understanding of how the girls of EBHS are approaching this momentous date, we conducted a survey that allowed us to better understand prom dress choices and trends for the class of 2022.

For many, their dress is a way to show off their personality. Fashion is often an outlet of creativity, and prom is a huge opportunity for seniors to break out of their comfort zones. When asked how her dress encapsulates her personality, senior Lana Cepeda says she loves how her dress is a, “bright and elegant dress that screams Belle from Beauty and the Beast and makes [her] feel like a princess.” Payton Sierra says her dress, “sparkles and changes color like the sunset, it’s vibrant and fun.” It’s no surprise that some girls are going for bolder colors– after spending years behind computer screens and lounging in pajamas, the class of 2022 finally has a chance to break out of their shell, dress up, and enjoy this milestone.