All About the Arts and the Athletics: An Interview with Kelly Grove

Senior Kelly Grove reflects on some of her favorite parts of EBHS such as Concert Choir, softball, and Bella Voce.

Asmee Shitoley, Morgan Cooper

Kelly Grove, 12, expresses her love for one of her favorite songs to sing in Concert Choir. She loves this class because she was “able to forget everything else that went on in my day and just focus on creating really beautiful music with my friends.”

Brianna Boen, Bear Hub Staff

Q: WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY MEANS THE MOST TO YOU?
A: Softball means the most to me. I have played ever since I was little and some of my best memories, as well as best friends, are tied to softball.

Q: WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENT ARE YOU MOST PROUD OF AND WHY?
A: I am most proud of being the president of the Choir Council. During the last two years, the choir program has become increasingly important to me. Every time we host an event or have a concert, I am incredibly proud to see the work that all of the performers have put in, and especially the work that myself and the other council members have put in in order to rebuild the program and make great music along the way.

Q: WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE PART OF BEING A STUDENT AT EBHS?
A: My favorite part of being a student at EBHS is how many opportunities there are for us. I am involved in both athletics and the arts and I have never felt like I had to pick one over the other or that one was more supported by the school. Everyone at school always does a great job of making sure that we as students are able to participate in as many things as we can and that all types of interests are well represented.

Q: HAS THERE BEEN A SINGLE CLASS YOU HAVE TAKEN THAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE AND/OR THE MOST INFLUENTIAL TO YOU AND WHY?
A: Concert Choir and Bella Voce have definitely been some of the best classes I’ve ever taken at EBHS. I’m lucky enough to have been in both ensembles and every time I walk into the choir room, I am able to forget everything else that went on in my day and just focus on creating really beautiful music with my friends.