High Level Hustle: An Interview with Gianfranco DeGuida

Senior Gianfranco DeGuida reminisces about his mindset and favorite moments during high school.

After+graduation%2C+sports+will+still+be+a+large+part+of+senior+Gianfranco+DeGuidas+life.+He+said%3A+I+plan+to+attend+a+4+year+college+and+major+in+Finance+and+Sport+Management.+Sport+Management+has+caught+my+eye+because+it+allows+me+to+be+around+something+I+love+while+also+getting+paid.+

Alefiya Presswala

After graduation, sports will still be a large part of senior Gianfranco DeGuida’s life. He said: “I plan to attend a 4 year college and major in Finance and Sport Management. Sport Management has caught my eye because it allows me to be around something I love while also getting paid.”

Alefiya Presswala, Bear Hub Editor

Q: WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY MEANS THE MOST TO YOU?

A: Football and lacrosse mean the most to me. I started playing lacrosse and football at a really young age. It started with football, but then as the years went on, I started to pick up the sport of lacrosse. I fell in love with sports ever since I could remember and I just love coming out and playing with my teammates. I was able to meet some of my closest friends through these sports along with making some of my favorite memories.

Q: HAS THERE BEEN A SINGLE CLASS YOU HAVE TAKEN THAT HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE AND/OR THE MOST INFLUENTIAL TO YOU AND WHY?

A: ‘Made In Italy’ was probably my favorite class I’ve taken because it was a great class to learn about a different culture and lifestyle. Being Italian, I never realized how much this class would help with communication with my family members. I’m able to talk to my grandpa a lot better and communicate with him in Italian. I’ve learned a lot about the culture and it’s definitely one of the places I want to visit when I get older.

Q: WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO YOUR SOPHOMORE SELF?

A: One piece of advice I would give my sophomore self is never be satisfied with what you’ve accomplished, rather look for ways to keep improving. Whether it was in sports or school, I feel as though there were times where I didn’t put all my effort into practice or homework because I thought I didn’t need to. I wish I could go back and keep working to better myself at times. Also, one lesson I’ve learned from my time at EBHS is try to go out of your comfort zone and try new things everyday.