Jenna Garofalo: Field Hockey Fanatic

A spotlight on Jenna Garofalo’s senior experience.

Dina Elhaddad, Bear Hub Staff

Jenna Garofalo, an EBHS and a flexible field hockey and softball player, taking field hockey to the next level, she shares her involvement in her senior year. 

Q: WHAT IS THE MOST ESSENTIAL PART OF BEING A 2020-2021 SENIOR?

A: The most essential part of being a 2020-2021 senior is realizing to take advantage of the education you are receiving because one day it could be totally different. It’s also helping me to prepare for next year so in a way it’s a blessing even though it’s not the senior year I wanted.

Q: HOW HAS PLAYING FIELD HOCKEY AND/OR SOFTBALL SHAPED YOUR LIFE?

A: Field Hockey and Softball shaped my life in many ways, by helping me be a better version of myself for example they both taught me that nothing will be given to me in life and you have to work hard to get what you want and sometimes you might work hard and still not succeed. and also taught me to be humble and respectful to others. I also learned time management, as well as how to take criticism and make corrections which will help me live.

Q: WHAT IS THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT YOU HAD WITH THE EBHS GIRLS FIELD HOCKEY TEAM?

A: The most memorable moment I had with the EBHS Girls Field Hockey team was when I won my first varsity game as a goalie, because the team was so supportive of me being a new goalie and no matter what happened they were only so proud of me. When we won this game, they also pointed to me and hugged me in a huge group and it was something I will never forget and I think everyone needs. As part of their high school experience, to be part of a team and to make new friends that you might not have met if you didn’t play the sports.

Q: WHAT IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE YOU FACED WHILE PLAYING FIELD HOCKEY?

A: The biggest challenge I faced when playing field hockey was having to catch up and learn really fast because I started out so late. In my freshman year and in high school normally kids playing a sport like Field Hockey have been playing their whole life and I joined Field Hockey my freshman year so this is my first time playing ever.

High school is seen as something stressful, but sports may be able to lift some stress off of you. We wish Jenna the best of luck as she pushes through life, experiencing new things left and right!