Annaika Taneja: Making Music AND Machines

Senior Annaika Taneja gives us a look into her plans for the future

Music+is+very+important+in+senior+Annaika+Tanejas+life.+

Music is very important in senior Annaika Taneja’s life.

Alefiya Presswala, Bear Hub Editor

Q: AS YOU PURSUE ENGINEERING IN YOUR CAREER, WHAT ROLE DO YOU SEE MUSIC PLAYING IN YOUR FUTURE?

A: In college I would really like to find ways to merge music and engineering. In particular, I’m really interested in studying music technology with electrical engineering and perhaps becoming a music producer or recording engineer.

Q: WHY IS CHOIR SO IMPORTANT TO YOU?

A: Choir is important to me because I truly feel welcomed and accepted by everyone in the class. It’s a great environment where everyone is willing to help each other out and truly make some great music. Even with online school this year, I still had a lot of fun. We had several online games and bonding activities, so it still felt like we were at the high school together. As for performing for a virtual concert, it was a little bizarre. Instead of singing together in person, we had to manually record our voices and merge them together using software. However, I still think our final piece came out well and I’m really proud of it.

Q: WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO AN INCOMING SOPHOMORE?

A: Take school seriously, but also branch out and have some fun. Join new clubs and take interesting electives because you can!

Annaika Taneja has made the most of her experience at EBHS, mixing a number of different interests together and excelling in all of them. We wish Annaika the best of luck as she gains new experiences outside of EBHS and pursues her engineering career.