Photoshoots in Public

During pandemic quarantines, going to a supermarket or even a store like Target can be the highlight of anyone’s day. To make the most out of these visits, grab a friend, camera, cute outfit, and take some pictures to commemorate this outing. Junior, Emily Lildhar, tells Bear Hub, “I have been really bored recently so I think this is a good way to waste some time.”

Posing with a big smile behind her mask, Hana Zimmerman,11, said “It was really fun because I love dressing up, but recently I have had nowhere to go. I give this idea a 10/10. Pure genius on our part.”

Sabrina Portnoy, Bear Hub Staff

While you may get some awkward stares or be in the way of someone trying to grab oatmeal on the shelf behind you, it is 100% worth it.

Recently, my friend, Hana Zimmerman, 11, and I tried out this idea at our local Stop and Shop. We were not disappointed with the outcome. It was a really nice way to destress and hang out with a friend I had not seen in a while.

A selfie featuring me, Hana Zimmerman, 11, and the apples in the produce section of Stop and Shop.

Hana and I were not the only people with the idea to take candid photos in public. After seeing pictures of the supermarket photoshoot, Emily Lildhar, 11, reached out and shared that she too had wanted to try this idea out. She said, “I think the craziest place I have ever taken photos was at a coffee shop, but I really want to expand my horizons and venture further into public next time.”

When the students at EBHS were asked about the craziest place they participated in a photo shoot, the results were entertaining. From Farmer’s Markets to Abandoned Parking Lots, it seems there is a picture of an EBHS student at practically any location.