The Living Yearbook of East Brunswick High School

The Homecoming Dance: Who’s Ready to Rave?

The first EBHS event after a year and a half of virtual learning was a huge success.

November 3, 2021

A group of students were so excited about homecoming that they couldn’t even stand still for a photo.

This year’s homecoming dance was unlike any other. Held outside on the baseball field with over 1000 tickets sold, it was truly a sight to see.

The Homecoming dance was the first in-person EBHS event held in nearly 1.5 years, so it was an especially special celebration- and everyone looked especially beautiful. From 6:30 to 8:30 on Friday night, the baseball field was an array of shiny dresses and colorful ties.

The DJs, Joe Palmer and Neil Datta (both seniors), were a crowd favorite, especially when they played Mr. Brightside.

Earlier during the week, teachers nominated students from each grade to be Homecoming Royalty, and students were able to vote on three winners from their respective grades Friday morning during homeroom.
The nine winners- Barenya Das (12), Marco Debellis (12), Dominic Villalona (12), Anya Choudry (11), Jami Davis (11), Reah Robinson (11), Shayan Chaudhury (10), Alexandra Diaz (10), and Evan Wu (10)- were officially crowned and presented at the dance.

Overall, EBHS’s 2021 homecoming dance was not only a beautiful end to homecoming/spirit week, but also a beautiful way to welcome everyone back to school and celebrate our resilience after a challenging year.