Growing, Growing, Gone: An Interview with Christian Bermudez

Christian Bermudez, 12, reflects on his personal growth throughout the past four years.

Christian+Bermudez+ponders+on+all+he+has+accomplished+and+is+ecstatic+for+what+the+future+holds.+

asmee shitoley

Christian Bermudez ponders on all he has accomplished and is ecstatic for what the future holds.

Asmee Shitoley, Bear Hub Staff

Q: WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITY MEANS THE MOST TO YOU?

A: The extracurricular activity that means the most to me is sports. Being fortunate enough to play both baseball and basketball here at the high school for all three years has really given me some of my best high school memories, the chance to meet and connect with some of the best people I know, and learn life lessons all through sports.

Q: HAS THERE BEEN A SINGLE CLASS YOU HAVE TAKEN THAT HAS BEEN THE MOST INFLUENTIAL TO YOU AND WHY?

A: A single class that I have taken here at EBHS that has been the most influential to me is College Writing. This class has changed me for a lifetime, given me life lessons that I truly will never forget. I will always look back to my senior year and remember this class because it made an impact on me that has changed me as a student and sparked my interest in writing.

Q: WHAT’S ONE OBSTACLE YOU HAVE OVERCOME DURING YOUR TIME AT EBHS?

A: One obstacle I have overcome during my time here at EBHS is maturing. Growing up has been a challenge of its own and having to make life decisions early on is very difficult. Having to make decisions about what to do for the next 2-4 years of your life that can eventually impact you for the next 10 years is a very hard thing to do, but with the support of friends and family, I have found a plan for my future and am excited to embark on a new journey.

Q: WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS AFTER GRADUATION?

A: My plans for after graduation are to go to Manhattan College to study Business Management and play baseball for the school as well. I am very excited about what is to come after graduation and the many years after.