Homeroom versus Homeroom

Homeroom huddle , an event where students would wear a matching color or outfit with their homeroom and compete with other homerooms in mini-games.

Satvika+Mandala+%2812%29%2C+Thaanvi+Malgireddy+%2812%29%2C+and+Emilio+Mancilla+%2812%29%2C+throw+their+bags+to+the+side+as+they+get+ready+to+compete+agaisnt+other+homerooms.+

Raul Martinez

Satvika Mandala (12), Thaanvi Malgireddy (12), and Emilio Mancilla (12), throw their bags to the side as they get ready to compete agaisnt other homerooms.

Raul Martinez, Bear Hub Staff

One of the memorable events that seniors did this year was the homeroom huddle. Homeroom huddle was an event where students would wear a matching color or outfit with their homeroom and compete with other homerooms in mini-games. After testing, students went outside and gathered with their homeroom to get ready to play.

Outside students would compete with each other in games such as volleyball, trivia, racing, and stacking cups. One of the most popular games was volleyball since students got to play with a huge inflatable ball. During the trivia games students had to answer questions such as “how many bones are in the human body”, in which some gave the correct answer which was 206, while others put a random number such as 400. In the race, students had to carry a ball on a spoon and try not to have the ball fall. The last game was the cup stacking, and while some stacked perfectly, others never were able to build a tower with the cups.

This event provided students with a break from school and a chance to enjoy time with their friends. Satvika Mandla, a senior at East Brunswick high school enjoyed her time during the games. When asked about her experience Satvika stated, “I actually enjoyed the homeroom huddle. It was cool seeing each homeroom dressed in a certain color or outfit. I definitely made some memories during the volleyball game since our homeroom won three games in a row.”

Though the games were competitive, it’s fair to say most people had a good time. The homeroom huddle allowed seniors to take their heads out of the books and enjoy the outdoors creating memories to last.