Signing Day: Excellence in Athletics at the Next Level

After months and years of hard work, six outstanding student-athletes have committed to play sports in college last fall.

Julia Gill, 12, signs her Letter of Intent to commit to Longwood University.

Kal Pandit, Bear Hub Staff

They’ve excelled on the courts and fields and succeeded in their academic endeavors. Their teammates have looked up to them as inspirations. Now, these student-athletes are moving on from EBHS to pursue their passions and sports in the next chapters of their lives.

As a captain and All-Red Division player, Erin Cosio has truly inspired her teammates. This fall, she signed with CUNY Hunter College for basketball. She tells Bear Hub: “My high school teammates/coaches have become some of the most important people in my life and I will value everything they have done to teach me and support me along this journey.”

Julia Gill and Madison Mandleur earned spots on the All-GMC girls soccer team this year — and they celebrated their college commitments together. Julia will be playing soccer at Longwood University, and Madison will be playing soccer at Quinnipiac University. Emma Simpson, a star soccer player, will also be committing to TCNJ.

Jordan Williams has worked hard to perfect his skills as a varsity baseball player. He’s signed to Ursinus College for baseball. He shares: “Finally committing after a long summer of baseball took a lot of stress off my shoulders and made the application process for college easier. I’m looking forward to creating lifetime bonds with my new teammates and will miss my former high school coaches and teammates.”

And Amy Cui was named as NJ.com’s girls Tennis Player of the Year. After excelling in the classroom and the court, she will be attending Amherst College to play tennis.

High school sports have given these athletes new skills and some stories to tell. As they head off to college after a competitive recruiting process, they’ll always have their EB community to remember.