Meet the 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees

There’s a new addition to the terminal of EBHS: an “Alumni Hall of Fame,” sponsored by the East Brunswick Education Foundation, with posters honoring alumni who have walked through our very halls.

The Alumni Hall of Fame and its interactive TVs–located in the terminal around the media center–are a new addition to EBHS.

Kal Pandit, Bear Hub Staff

Now, three more alumni have been inducted to the Hall of Fame this year.

A poster honoring screenwriters Charlie Wachtel and David Rabinowitz hangs in the Alumni Hall of Fame.

Two of those inductees are screenwriters Charlie Wachtel and David Rabinowitz. They “developed their love for writing in Beth Warren’s Writers Workshop at Frost School” and gained “an interest in film in Jack Cibrian’s Film class” at EBHS, EBEF President Jack Levitt explains. Since their time in EB, they’ve exemplified what it means to pursue excellence. They’ve gone to Hollywood to pursue screenwriting, written the screenplay for BlacKkKlansman, and won the Oscar and BAFTA awards for Best Adapted Screenplay along with Spike Lee.

Philanthropist and executive Tony Yoseloff is also featured in the terminal.

Also inducted this year is Tony Yoseloff, the Executive Managing Director at Davidson Kempner Capital Management. He serves on the Board of Trustees at Princeton University, the board of the school crowdfunding website DonorsChoose, and the investment committee of the New York Public Library. Throughout his career, Yoseloff has shown a passion for education and helps further EB’s successes in academics, athletics, and the arts. For instance, “he has funded academic and athletic scholarships and is one of East Brunswick Education Foundation’s largest donors,” Levitt shares. In fact, “Tony is known for often seeking out EB teacher grants and funding them himself.”

East Brunswick schools are lively bastions of learning, with talented staff and motivated students. These inductees “truly demonstrate that an EBHS education can launch a dedicated student to his/her dream career,” notes Levitt. And they make EB students and staff proud to be Bears.