Bored in the House, and I’m in the House Bored

“Pass go and collect 200!” As people spend more time at home playing board games, Monopoly has become a staple in many households to pass the time.

Seen here are Monopoly, Scattergories, and Perfection, a few exciting games to play with your family.

Sam Fox, Bear Hub Staff

Staying home and being with your family is not always easy. However, in an unexpected upside, people are being forced to go back to basics. More than ever, they’re doing things that are less technology-oriented and more interactive and in the moment.

Many students have reported that they are going back to games they played as small children, or new ones that they’ve just discovered. And rather than doing this online with their friends, they are doing it together as a family. Scrabble, Monopoly, Candyland, Sorry, and Perfection are just a few of the board games that have regained popularity. A recent trip to Target found empty shelves in the game section, almost as bare as the toilet paper aisle.

Athena Goldstein, 12, says, “My family is having a blast playing Scattergories and Balderdash. It’s something we can do as a family, even my brother who normally just plays Xbox by himself.” So if you are trying to figure out something to do during quarantine, why not go down to your basement, pull out those games from your childhood, and roll the dice?